People have frequently ask me if I am feeling discouraged because of Michael Ray 's stroke. It feels like a good day to share a bit of my world. The truth is that everyday I count my blessings , thank God for giving me strength and vision , and then I go to work. Life is good and I am blessed . I see miracles everyday. Last Saturday night I drove Mike and our son to their church meeting. I watched as my 14 year old son stood tall walking next to his father. I saw the miracle in each of Mi ke's steps. After the meeting I drove them to get a smoothie together. I stayed in the car so they could have time alone but, when I peeked in, I and them laughing and talking together. Another miracle. As a family we enjoy sunsets and rejoice in new days . We know that difficult moments pass and that kind words matter. We are learning life's lessons and striving to become a little better each day. We are blessed with incredible people in our lives who give us strength when we are weak....
Today at church our friend, Jeff Hunsaker mentioned that he would be going to London on business next week. That brought a flood of memories and emotions because Jeff came to London on business about a week after Mike's stroke. Jeff made the time to come out of his way to the hospital in High Wycombe to see us. The flood of emotions I felt as we talked today reminded me again how much that visit meant to both Mike and I. I wasn't sure how Mike would react to seeing someone from home but his entire countenance lit up as Jeff entered the room. Jeff talked with him without pity or simplicity but with normal conversation. Mike laughed and worked to speak and you helped him find the many missing words. The visit was very important to me as well. While I had phone conversations and emails from people back home, it meant something different to have a visit - a real person in the room that somehow connected us to life back home. Jef...
Last Saturday I was finishing up a few things hoping to get to bed early. We had planned to drive to California for a few days of spring break to see my parents and I knew I would need a good night's sleep to make the trip safely. We had company and I was waiting for Bri to get home from a charity event where she was performing. I checked my phone for a message from Bri and saw that I had a voicemail. It was strange because, only minutes before, Bri had sent me a text saying she was leaving the concert and was heading home. I listened to the message and heard the voice of a very scared young lady who said, "Mom, I just got hit. I need you to come right now." I called her back and immediately got into the car. She was only about a mile away but it felt like it was a lot further. She was very shaken up but seemed okay. In addition to the trauma of the accident, the people who had hit her had yelled and swore at her and told her the accident was her fault (even thou...
Comments
Post a Comment