That Was Then And This Is Now
Today at church our friend, Jeff Hunsaker mentioned that he would be going to London on business next week. That brought a flood of memories and emotions because Jeff came to London on business about a week after Mike's stroke. Jeff made the time to come out of his way to the hospital in High Wycombe to see us. The flood of emotions I felt as we talked today reminded me again how much that visit meant to both Mike and I. I wasn't sure how Mike would react to seeing someone from home but his entire countenance lit up as Jeff entered the room. Jeff talked with him without pity or simplicity but with normal conversation. Mike laughed and worked to speak and you helped him find the many missing words. The visit was very important to me as well. While I had phone conversations and emails from people back home, it meant something different to have a visit - a real person in the room that somehow connected us to life back home. Jef...

Comments
Post a Comment